Conversations and Animal Gifts

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Musings

In the light of the killings in Newtown last week, I was reminded of attending a training session for Certified Lifeline Practitioners To Be last August in Chicago. On Sunday, Dr. Darren Weissman did a group Lifeline session for the Sikh community that lost its members to violence the week before. This was done in conjunction with many people and groups across our nation and the world to collectively send love and healing on this day. What Dr. Darren talked about was violence is not something that happens "out there" or "by somebody else." It is the collective out picturing of our collective inner violence, rage and hatred. It is deeper than just a lone gunman going on a killing spree. The morning after the Newtown murders, I was watching television and noticed how violent we are - commercials, sports, politics, numerous TV shows with crime, wars, killing and guns galore. We are a violent people. I think I got maybe for the first time, on an emotional level anyway, that I HARBOR VIOLENT THOUGHTS. I HARBOR RAGE. I harbor rage and intolerance against the "right." I harbor rage and anger beyond words to those who kill, maim and destroy animals. And I have fed my rage and hatred by watching shows that fuel these feelings, or reading Facebook. I was shocked prior to the election to see and read the venom that was spewed to or about those that did not believe as another did. And there were times I shot back. And then felt bad about it and decided to stop.

I had a stockpile of 3 or 4 guns years ago - a couple of pistols, a shotgun, a rifle. I did not think much about it - I thought it was kind of cool to go out and shoot guns at the rock quarry. When someone suggested to me I might want to get rid of them at a time when I was having trouble with depression, I thought he was over reacting. But I did eventually get rid of them. It was not hard to do as a there were people I knew who couldn't wait to get the guns.  

My prayer of late has been to really try and be a loving and tolerant person to everybody and to quit judging. Do you know how hard this is? We do not have an easy task here. 

There is a different way to be, but I believe there is no getting "there" without being able to be "here" in the muck and mire, conscious as we can be. There are old and new hurts, injustices, unbelievable tragedy and limiting beliefs that no longer serve us as a people. As President Obama said, "These tragedies must end, and to end them WE must change." There are way too many changes that need to take place to discuss in this forum, but I offer one way to begin to change from the inside - where it all has to start.

Reach out, talk to someone. Tell them your secrets, what is it you not wanting to talk about?  Is there someone you are concerned about but do not know what to do for them? 

I would like to hear  from you. And, if you think you would like to hear more about the Lifeline Technique, and how it can help to change old ways of being and perceiving life, I am taking new clients and would love to talk with you. 

You can go to http://flowingfromwithin.com/#/contact/4550394001 and send me a message.

There also are Certified Lifeline Practitioners in most states and some countries besides the USA. Click here to find one near you: drdarrenweissman.com 
(Push on the Training tab and select "Find a Certified Practitioner")

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE UPCOMING EVENTS PAGE. I WILL BE OFFERING 2 NEW VISIONING WORKSHOPS; ONE IN  JANUARY AND ONE IN FEBRUARY. I HAVE OPENINGS IN BOTH RIGHT NOW.

The Wisdom of Dude - Vol 3.

This column will provide examples of wisdom I learn from my cat, Little Dude, otherwise known as “Dude.”  He teaches me daily about life, love, and how to take care of yourself and trust your instincts.


Today's lesson: Sometimes you just 
have to take a break from the hustle and bustle 
and lay down in your tube. You know?

This time of year seems busier than most, with all the parties,
great concerts, beautiful lights to see and sounds to hear.
They just all get added to work, self care, hanging with friends and if you listen to yourself you know, there are those times that you have to take a break. Why not take it in your tube? So, once again, thanks Dude!
Animal Gifts and Funnies

Any cat owner knows this would be heartbreaking to a kitty cat :)



A little cat Christmas humor :)






Some Thoughts on Wolves

Most of you know by now how much I love wolves. They are amazing animals in so many ways. And, I am speechless to try and talk about the killings and harm that have come to them this time around with us humans. I thought what they endured during the 1800's when they were made extinct was bad enough. We are a advanced people, right? I do not wish to spend time here giving any more cred to those who are doing violence with them. Instead, I'd like to focus on people that are really living and modeling love for species of all kinds. I offer the latest stories of what is happening at the Earthfire Institute. These people really do inspire me. Enjoy the stories:

http://earthfireinstitute.org/2012/12/a-story-of-interspecies-love/

Please love your families, your children and your animals extra hard right now.
We all need it.

Peace Out

0 comments:

Post a Comment